Thursday 1 August 2013

Christmas cards in August ????

Well yes . . .  you have to start early don't you?

So I popped over to Hazel's Christmas Challenge blog and saw that this week's challenge was for "snowmen".  Great!  I knew just the stamp to use.  It is one by Great Impressions,  I've had it quite a few years now but always looks good I think.

I used the stamp for three different looks.

1) I used Distress Inks in Shaded Lilac, Broken China and Chipped Sapphire, Copic Sketch Markers in BG53 Ice Mint and 0 Colourless Blender for the background and various shades of blue for the scarves and hats, Diamond Stickles and white acrylic paint.


2) I used Bella Road "Everybody Loves Christmas" papers for this one and a range of Copic Sketch Markers.  I wanted a very colourful Christmas card.

 3)  The papers used were Bo Bunny and the letters were from Basic Grey range "green@heart".  Copic Sketch Markers used again to colour the scarves and hats.  Think this one is my favourite.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and do visit Craftyhazelnut's Christmas blog a new challenge is up every Saturday.

- ♥ -

5 comments:

Hazel said...

These are fab cards, Tracey - it's a lovely stamp - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 136 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too. x

ForgedinPaper said...

Lovely cards and well done on getting started. I've had Christmas on my mind as well with my December album choices for this year.

Angelnorth said...

Cute stamp - I'm fusy about snowmen and these pass! Great to see three different looks with it, too!

craftybren said...

That's a great stamp love how you have used it

Kath said...

lovely cards, Tracey. I like that stamp and what you have done with it.