Friday 31 August 2012

Last day of the holidays . . . .

. . . . and guess where I have been today?

Yep the ExCel centre to watch the Paralympic Judo!  

It was brilliant.  My son and I had tickets and we both thoroughly enjoyed it.  I've never been to a live sporting event before and I must say I didn't realise what I was missing out on,  of course my son, a keen football supporter, knew what to expect.  We had great seats and saw all the action.

Brothers Dan and Marc Powell were completing for Team GB and although they both lost the first rounds Dan was in the final match on the mat for our session and he won and he's still in line for a bronze medal.  Go Dan Go!!!

I'm afraid I haven't any pictures of the day as I left my camera at home - what a wally!

After the ExCel we went on the Thames Cable Car on the way home.  Fantastic experience and on a clear day, as today was, the views were amazing.  Remember your Oyster card as it is cheaper and quicker.



3 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. Glad you had a nice time. I bet the cable car was amazing. Enjoy the weekend.xx

Carol Plume said...

Tracey sounds like a fab day. Just been having a catch up on your blog such fab pieces x you and Gez have inspired me to go find my wreck this journal. Enjoy the weekend x

Karen said...

oooo I really want to go in the cable car!!!! What an amazing experience you have had sweetie! You just have to put that in your A-Z xxx