Thursday 28 October 2010

Another Day for Messing About with Ink and Stuff

Hello my little blog chums!

I have been busy with inks, paints, embossing powder and my waterbrush - big grin. I began with my 25th Club Challenge cards for September!!! Yes I know very late. The challenge was set by Kaz over on Bubbly Funk Forum to make Christmas cards with a "funky feel". Well I reached straight for my mica spray inks from Dylusions and got very messy and made these two very pink cards.The card with the angel on has been coloured using my waterbrush and Adirondack inks. She has Stickle shoes and Stickles in her hair. I had white pen ink in my mouth last night - trying to get the damn thing to work .... but that is another story - hahaha!

I was busy with these when the postman rung the doorbell - well what else? and delivered some Dylusion Acrylic Paints and some stamps I'd ordered from Art from the Heart. They were wrapped beautifully with a red heart - aaah anyway I ripped open the tissue paper and got straight to work.


This card was made using the How Does Your Garden Grow set of stamps - aren't they cute? Then I dived into the Dylusions Paints and boy did I have fun - sloshing and scraping it about the page of my journal - tee hee!!!! I ordered the yellow and purple as I don't have many inks or paints in these colours but I can see I will need to order some more as they are really lovely to use.


I made my own tool to apply the ink by cutting into an old credit card style card I found laying around my desk drawers. I have cut the other end too but only used the top edge for the above affect. Well thanks for staying and reading to the end - please leave a comment :) Bye x

7 comments:

Kaz said...

Fabulous cards Tracey - I love all the bright colours you've got going on! Loving the idea of cutting the card for a different edge. I think I need to do this too! xxx

ps - Uni Posca white pen is the bestest white pen ever. Try cultpens.co.uk they do them in different thicknesses xxx

Gez Butterworth said...

Lovely crafting Tracey. You have been busy this week. Ooh, you have great taste in stamps. Can't wait to see more.xx

Angelnorth said...

Fab stuff, love your bright pink Christmas cards! The journal page looks great, like peeling paint on a mediterranean building or something!

Karen said...

ooooo lovely stuff!!!! Love your Christmas cards...I have those colours :D As for your journal page...WOW!!!! I have been eyeing up those stamps too, wonderful work honey xxx

Tracy said...

Gorgeous!!!Love the cards delish!!!
Psssst stop eating the ink,lol,might look fantastic but no so hot on taste,lol!!
xxx

Hazel said...

You definitely had fun with inks - with great results x

thekathrynwheel said...

OOOh loving what you made with your new dylusions stash. Love what you did with the chickens! Also like the look of your new painted journal backgrounds. Great tool!