Wednesday 26 May 2010

Watercoloured hearts

I fancied making a shaped card for my sister's wedding anniversary card so decided on this heart shape which I cut using my Sizzix die. Took me several attempts until I got it right to not end up with two seperate hearts. Nevermind these will come in handy somewhere I am sure. tee hee.

Again I am favouring brown card stock for the base colour and stamped three Paper Artsy hearts from their Squiggly Ink range I love them .... and I coloured them with distress inks using the waterbrush method. Thanks Karen for showing me these at the Retreat (I am now the proud owner of some myself now and can't wait to try them out!) It will be alot easier than a paintbrush dipped in water that I use now. :)


See you soon. x

8 comments:

Karen said...

ooo This is really pretty Tracey! and I just adore that dish!!! XXX

Kaz said...

That's such a brilliant card Tracey! Love it! xx

Hazel said...

Lovely card (and dish) x

Kathy said...

Great card Tracey. I understand exactly what you mean about getting two shapes instead of 1 - I know I'd have done exactly the same!

Love those little hearts, they look so pretty on the brown

Katy said...

i agree how lovely and the dish is fab to.

katy x

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card Tracey!
Have fun with your new ink pads...x

Janice said...

That is lovely Tracey, don't know how I missed this one. Love the dish too, good set dressing, sweetie lol!

Gez Butterworth said...

Scrummy card Tracey. Looks like you're getting to grips with the water colour pen... aren't they FAB> :) Great ♥'s.xx