Sunday, 29 November 2009
I prefer to visit the dentist rather than the hairdressers.
I enjoy my own company.
I would love to live on a farm.
Crowds scare me.
I am going cheerleading tomorrow.
I would love to pass this award onto Kaz Hippy Karen Dolly Hope to find out more about you all.
I am now 47 years old but still act about 7 sometimes lol. Well the first photo I want to share with you was taken by my daughter when I got home from work hence the wind swept hair and the expression.
I received all these cards and you can just see in the front of the photo my ticket for my balloon ride experience - I can't wait to do this hopefully early in the new year! This was my present from my two wonderful kids and my lovely husband. x x x
I have taken some photos of my handmade cards so you can have a proper nosy at them here.
Aren't they lovely and some are even hand-drawn.
Thank you all for making 2009 the best birthday ever.
Friday, 20 November 2009
So today I would like to show you Question 38. Doughnut image from Elle Magazine - think it was from an advert in there - I can't remember but it looks scrummy nevertheless. The wrapper on the back is empty I'm afraid but it was very chocolately and a lovely treat. :)
Thanks for stopping by. x x x
Thursday, 19 November 2009
Wednesday, 18 November 2009
Tuesday, 17 November 2009
Number 36 "What do you never want to forget?". Now I thought I could be serious and journal serious issues on this tag but I thought I would be honest right now and the thing I want to remember at the moment is my 8 times table. Everyday in the class I assist in we have a mental maths test with 30 questions a day. It is always the 8 x table that isn't on the tip of my tongue and makes me slow so hence the card. hahaha I do realise that at 46 years old I should know this off by heart but I'm afraid I don't! **cough, cough**
Monday, 16 November 2009
Now the rules of this award are to thank the person for the award and pass it on to at least 7 people who deserve it and then list 10 honest things about myself ...
1) I say "hello" to every magpie that I see even if there are five of them together.
2) I have only had one boyfriend and I married him. I have now been happily married for 20 years.
3) I am proud to be British.
4) I love to laugh and think a day without laughter is a bad day.
5) I am not a religious person.
6) I really shouldn't spend so much time on the internet each day but get on with life.
7) I love eating but hate cooking.
8) I will be 47 in nine days time.
9) I love to give presents rather than receive them.
10) I think manners are extremely important.
The Challenge is:- This week we are going WILD...grrrr hahaha as in
By this we mean that we would like you to use an image of a wild animal in your work this week.
So that is what I have done. The wording inside will read "you're one of a kind". The stamps are by Prima and I have used off cuts of Bazzill card and the odd one out dinosaur is that velvety paper again.
Why don't you see if you can have a go at this challenge before next Sunday.
Thanks for stopping by. x
Sunday, 15 November 2009
1. Where is your cell phone? On my bedside table.
2. Your hair? Roughly tied up in a high ponytail as earlier I was out in the garden sweeping leaves.
3. Your mother? Spoke to her this morning. :)
4. Your father? Poorly with swine flu and a chest infection at the moment Get Well Soon Dad x x.
5. Your favourite food? Ice-cream
6. Your dream last night? Can't remember last nights' but one from two nights ago was that I was flying with the aid of rich tea biscuits!!
7. Your favourite drink? Tea
8. Your dream/goal? To fly in a hot air balloon.
9. What room are you in? My bedroom.
10. Your hobby? Crafting all varieties.
11. Your fear? Disembodied eyes you know where you only see one eye like in a logo or something similar. Also have a horse and clown fear - shudder!!!
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Living in a bigger house in a different part of the country not too far from the sea.
13. Where were you last night? At home with my family.
14. Something that you aren't? A Man hahahaha.
15. Muffins? No thanks I have a Mars Bar.
16. Wish list item? A sewing machine please Father Christmas - how many hints do I need to drop????
17. Where did you grow up? Tottenham, North London (Come on you Spurs!!!)
18. Last thing you did? Make a cup of tea.
19. What are you wearing? Comfy weekend clothes.
20. Your TV? Is downstairs and Kat is watching "Buzzcocks" on the BBC i-Player I must remember to watch it later in the week.
21. Your pets? We don't have any at the moment but while sweeping the leaves in the garden a cat decided to come into the hall. hahaha.
22. Friends? Yes I have some I'm not a "Billy-no-mates!!!" hahaha
23. Your life? Is happy, loving and wonderful at the moment thank you.
24. Your mood? Brilliant - I have just eaten a whole Mars Bar.
25. Missing someone? Sunjeeve he has been gone shopping a long time - what is he up to?
26. Vehicle? Me personally I don't have one unless you count my bicycle which Kris has commandered at the moment grrrrrr.
27. Something you are not wearing? Shoes or my tiara which is at the jewellers on Sundays to be cleaned. ;)
28. Your favourite store? Beadcraft in London's Beak Street.
29. Your favourite colour? Orange
30. When was the last time you laughed? 10 minutes ago.
31. Last time you cried? Last Sunday watching the Remembrance Service on TV from the Cenotaph in London.
32. Your best friend? Has to be Sunj my husband.
33. One place that I go over and over? School - where I work.
34. Facebook? No I don't have it. Blogging is enough for me thanks.
35. Favourite place to eat? Anywhere I don't have to cook or wash up!
Hardly Earth shattering information but then again it is about me.
- x x -
Saturday, 14 November 2009
The dare is:-
Scraplings are little narrow cards made from scrap cardstock. You know how when you make a card from a a piece of A4 or Letter sized cardstock you're left with an off-cut? Well that's the basis of a Scrapling. When folded in half, the Scrapling's card front will measure roughly 2 1/2" x 4 1/4" , though this depends of course on the size of card you were making in the first place! So, dig out your scraps and make either a card or a gift tag! The team have been having fun using up their off-cuts this week and have come up with all these ideas to get you thinking.
Friday, 13 November 2009
Number 34 "How do you create your nest?" the front reminded me of Paige one of Tracy's chickens hahaha. She is sitting in her own nest made of fibres while on the back I knew those pieces cut from paint charts would come in handy one day. The folded peice of paper holds the journalling:-
Thursday, 12 November 2009
Today I want to show you a card I have been inspired to make using a template I received from the workshop I signed up for last week 12 Days:A Copy and Paste Christmas. As I don't have a sewing machine ( yet - crosses fingers that Father Christmas reads my blog :0 ) and my hand sewing is not very neat, I couldn't do the original project but thought I would use the design for my neice's birthday card.
I love the fact that the dog ends round the back of the card. I think it will make her smile. I can't remember where I got the patterned paper or what company make it sorry. The dog is cut from that velvet type paper which I got last year sometime in a Bubbly Funk Kit.
- Thanks for dropping in! -
Wednesday, 11 November 2009
Sorry if the songs sticks around all day - I know it has with me. hahaha
This card was made for my cousin who shares my birthday. The stamps are Lavinia ones fairy words and seed heads. This card hasn't photographed at all well in the bad light and I am rubbish at taking photographs but I have posted it anyway.
Tuesday, 10 November 2009
Whilst tidying I found lots of elements to use in the card below. Some came from a secret santa swap from last year others I have no idea where they came from - the wooden leaves for starters????
Any way I thought it all came together well and have a card ready for the next birthday. Result. Tick VG.
Monday, 9 November 2009
Whilst cutting some triangles out for Christmas trees which I will decorate the cards I am giving to the classes I work in (I have only 50 to make eeeek!) I looked at this long thin off-cut and thought mmmmmmm a carrot nose. Then voila this snowman was born. tee hee. Very simple.
I think I shall send him to my two youngest neices.
Sunday, 8 November 2009
Well I have had a mixed week emotionally with my Auntie's funeral on Thursday which was a wonderful service and a lovely ending with a song by Frank Sinatra "Fly Me To The Moon" which made we smile and cry at the same time.
Then a firework display at Hatfield House with 17 cannon! I love fireworks, even standing in the cold to watch them doesn't put me off. :)
Also this week I have signed up for an on-line Christmas workshop - 12 Days - a copy and paste Christmas with those talent girls Kirsty Neale and Julie Kirk. Such wonderful projects go and sign up now!!
This morning too was emotional watching the Rememberance Day Service from the Cenotaph in London - very moving.
I have a birthday card to show you now for the wonderful Beth who's birthday it is today, have a lovely day sweetie, I do hope it got to you in time. :)Close up of the flower which I folded over and attached another flower to it with a large brad.
This card was made for a friend's birthday was in the week too. Glad you had a lovely day Sue.
Thanks for stopping by - see you soon. :)
Sunday, 1 November 2009
Actually they were pom pom bats I saw on Anjie's blog made of wool and funky foam. Great fun to make and really quick too.
I'm practising the necklace too but that is taking me much longer to get to grips with. lol Will blog it when I have finished.
It is a craft project I had included in the Bubbly Funk Crafty Calendar which is available to download here with a donation to an ME charity. We have so far raised £120 for the said charity but if you do pop over and download either of the remaining two months then please be generous and leave a quid donation. Thank you very much. The calendar features some brilliant project from some excellent crafters so go and have a look - NOW!!!!