Friday 17 April 2009

DCM Challenge

Over on the Daring Card Makers blog their challenge this week has been set by Rein. The challenge is:-

I'm daring you to make a masculine card Games and Toys for Boys put a race track, dart board, vehicle... on your card.

As luck has it I had to make a card for my 18 year old nephew. I know he doesn't read my blog - why would he? He is young and has better fish to fry over on Facebook and the like. lol I picked a football theme as he is an Arsenal fan - yuck! I am a Tottenham lass and it does pain me to make the kit look like an Arsenal one. lol

I used Three Bugs in a Rug papers and Penny Black stamps to make the numbers, Woodware stamps to make the football shirt and cup and for the lettering the stamps came from Papermania. The other papers are from my general stash and I used a black gel pen and white pen to do the doodling.What do you think?
Please leave a comment I love to read them.
ta. x

13 comments:

Kaz said...

Fab card Tracey, love that doodling.

Angelnorth said...

Love your doodling, the little white dots in the black loops look fab!

Janice said...

Well done on getting the DCM done ON the day! Nice boy card.

Gez Butterworth said...

I can see how this card must have been painful to make Tracey! being a Spurs lass. :o)lol...It is PERFECT tho & will be loved I'm sure. It's fabby. xx
Guess what the verification word is!!! chips hehehe...

Karen said...

OMG you were quick!!! Love the card honey X

Hazel said...

Great card - and such a quick response to the challenge x

tracy said...

very nice tracey :)

Anonymous said...

A fab card. :) You've done great with the doodling. :)

Vanessa.

Kathy said...

I think this is much better suited to him that the loast one Tracey lol lol lol

Fab card and I'm sure it'll be well recieved,

Beth said...

Ace card Tracey, your nephew will love it, I'm sure. 150 points for you for doing the challenge on time, bless you. XX

Lythan said...

great card and well done for managing to do that strip!

SueH said...

Well done for getting your card made on the same day Tracey, I’m on the DT and didn’t even manage it!

Your card looks great and is one that any football fan would be pleased to receive, I’m sure.

Tanya said...

Fab card Tracey, love it! The doodling is great!
Hugs,
Tanya xx